Usually when the GST paid is more than the GST liability a situation of claiming GST refund arises. Under GST the process of claiming a refund is standardized to avoid confusion. The process is online and time limits have also been set for the same.
Refund can be claimed in the cases of –
- Dealer Exports (including deemed export) goods/services under claim of rebate or Refund
- ITC accumulation due to output being tax exempt or nil-rated
- Refund of tax paid on purchases made by Embassies or UN bodies
- Tax Refund for International Tourists
- Finalization of provisional assessment